About the product:
- Garden egg, commonly refered to in the western world as “mock tomato” or gilo or huckleberry, is a fruit from the African garden egg plant called Solanum aethiopicum. From Cotonou to Harare, Mozambique to Senegal, this fruit is a highly valued delicacy and constituent of the African food.
- They also represent fertility and blessing. It is thus not uncommon to find them served during wedding ceremonies across the African continent.
- Called “igba” or “ikan” amongst the Yoruba’s of Nigeria, it is referred to as “ngilo” in Swahili and “nakasuga” or “nakati” in Uganda.
- Even though garden egg is generally said not to contain huge amount of protein and other nutrients, it is low in sodium, low in calories and very rich in high dietary fibre. It is also high in potassium, a necessary salt that helps in maintaining the function of the heart.
- Ingredients : 100% Fresh Garden eggsDisclaimer
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more or different information than that shown on our website. You should not rely solely on the information presented here. Always read labels, warnings and directions before using or consuming a product.